View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post

My approach now is to lift just hard enough to stimulate the muscle, and be worked, but still have a rep or two left in the "tank" at the last rep of the sets.

I do as few moves as possible to hit all of my body. The goal being to do more X work per week, while not frying my CNS. I adopted this method after doing Oly lifting workouts, while lifting 5X a week.
This is how I train at all times. The only time I go near failure is when I'm testing my max. As long as I improve week to week, I get bigger.

When training strictly in a bodybuilding style, I do about 3-4 exercises per workout max.

Personally, I can't see being able to keep good form on squats and deadlifts close to failure on multi-rep sets.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote