Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

My wife became a Beach Body Coach. At one point in her life she sold mary kay, then for a while she was trying to sell some stuff from this company that makes natural, organic beauty products. Unfortunately she never made any actual money, but I always knew those things wouldn't work out. She's not a saleswoman. It's just not who she is. I'm not knocking her, because I'm not one either. But my wife has never been the best at being aware of her own shortcomings and the levels thereof.

I have a number of different feelings on her whoring herself out to the corporate fitness machine that is Beach Body. It erks me, because she KNOWS that the best way to improve your body is through resistance training. She WANTS to look like the girls who lift. But she HATES to lift. She says it's boring. I know well enough not to argue with her any more, so I just nod my head and move on. But now, instead of really helping women do what's best for them she's going to be pushing living room video programs to the masses.

BUT

(and she's told me this is how she feels on the subject)

It's still a good thing. I've done P90X and actually got in good shape. I didn't gain any muscle, of course, but it was a fun, engaging program that helped me get back in the fitness game. If she can get fat Army housewives up and moving a little, and she can make a buck doing it, then I guess that's ok.

The interesting thing will be to see what happens when she gets her fitness trainer certification. She's currently doing a certification program through ISSA, which puts her in an odd situation. Having letters after her name could lend a facade of credibility to her Beach Body coaching, but in the end she'd still be pushing a company's programs.

I don't know how I feel about it.

I just hope that she finds some success and makes some money. Evidently there are people making a veritable shitload of cash by hocking BB products, and if people are buying then I want to be the one doing the selling.