CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltom View Post
Not to strike down what you've started, but the bako shake and the gomad are more likely to make guys fatter. That's a lot of calories and a lot of sugar.

Although people much smarter than I, such as Dante Trudell and Massive G from DC training/Trueprotein, say if you weigh 180 and want to be a 250 monster, you have to eat like 250 monster, you can't just unwittingly gorge yourself with milk and you shouldn't just put down 2000+ calorie shakes at single sittings.

I'm glad, however, that you emphasized eating clean foods. I think if one wants to gain good muscular mass, they should eat clean and just go a couple hundred calories above maintenance for the day and monitor progress. I even heard Matt Kroc say the same thing in an elitefts interview. Even before his BB diet, he ate very clean for a PLer, and said to gain weight, keep the foods the same, just increase the calories. To lose weight, cut the calories.

I think the other big concern is how to keep fat at bay when attempting to make the scale go up. Some things I've learned online, from books, and from experience are: do cardio at least 3x a week, preferably in the morning with only aminos in your stomach, and impose carb cut-offs at 6pm. I got nice and lean last summer, then didn't follow the two above tips and ended up putting on too much fat. I then had to do damage control, and right now I just don't want to deal with dieting (I only weigh 188). Instead I keep calories around maintenance (3000), never miss workouts, do cardio 3 days a week, impose 6pm carb cutoffs, drink green tea and black coffee, eat meals that are only Protein+Carb or Protein+Fat, and I'm slowly leaning out.

For someone wanting to gain weight, do all of the above, but eat big at key times (around workouts).
The shake was meant to be set as 3 servings not 1. Sorry i didnt mention that. And no this was not meant to make people fatter its before the workout that all this milk is used to keep more calories than burned. I really like your reply. Thanks. And im no professional at this either just implying what i know.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote