JumpmanRugs
Max Brawn
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Yeah, I'm getting a pair of the Reebok crossfit lite PR. It's the shoe that Mark Bell helped design. I was sold after I did some research. Hopefully they work out.

By the way, I should mention that I use special orthodics that are designed to help with my foot pain (plantar fasciitis). They support my arch and also increase the heal rise just slightly in any shoe I use. I even use them when I squat, but it's hardly a raised heal.
Awesome! Hope they work for you dude! LEt me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
Yep, when I was racing I paid about $400 for high-end carbon fiber soled shoes with a semi-custom orthotic for the road. I wore off the shelf $250 shoes for mountain and cyclocross. When you regularly spend 4-5 hours training you need to make sure your bike and kit fit properly or you're going to suffer. Especially your knees. That's why when I started lifting seriously (for me) I bought the Oly shoes. I don't have any depth or ankle flexibility issues and at 47 I'm going to do every thing I can to keep it that way. In fact, tonight is OHP day on my Wendler 531 plan. I wear the Adidas for the OHP as well as the squat. I bench and deadlift in a very thin soled cheap shoe by a brand called "Superga". They have little to no padding and a very flat sole.
Ahhh my boss at work does the same with his cycling stuff, such an expensive sport. He's just bought himself a BMC, it's beautiful but damn it was expensive!

Sounds awesome man! I'm gonna buy myself some chucks I think, I've just been squatting in my running shoes as I find it comfortable, and I don't really have the extra money to spend! One day I will, and this thread has helped me a load with stuff so will see what I can get on offer maybe!
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote