Thread: Weight Loss
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 08:02 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Jun 4, 2009, 5:20am, devidmike wrote:
Okay, I'm looking to lose a few pounds before the Spring Break season.

I currently work out 3-5 times a week but I can't seem to lose the belly, I'm 6'2 200. I'd like to get down to 185 or so, are there any good supplements to take before or after my workout?

Welcome to the forum.

Generally losing fat is more diet then exercise. Since I'm not familiar with your level of knowledge in bodybuilding/fitness/fat loss, excuse me if any of this information is redundant.

Are you currently training in more of a bodybuilding style with primarily weights, and what does your diet look like?

If you're not primarily a bodybuilder, I would recommend trying the Warrior Diet for a month. It's not uncommon for men to lose 15-25 pounds a month on the Warrior Diet.

Though with the Warrior Diet, you probably will lose a couple pounds of muscle.

The best dieting style for cutting fat while retaining muscle is more of a bodybuilding style diet.

You might benefit from eating only protein and fresh, low calorie raw fruits and veggies during the day, and then a little larger of a meal at night.

For example,

7 am. 20-30 grams of protein, Banana

9:30 am. 20-30 grams of protein, Fresh Tomato or Tomato juice (or strawberries)

Noon. 20-30 grams of protein, medium serving of low carb veggies

2:30 pm. 20-30 grams of protein.

Dinner. 1,300 calories of whatever you like, primarily healthy.

For the small meals before dinner, and to get in your protein, you could choose...

3 pieces of string cheese
3 eggs, hardboiled or scrambled
1 Scoop Protein powder in water
Low Cal protein bar
Can of Tuna in water

Calories before dinner should total about 900-1,000

Calories at dinner should stay around 1,300 and include carbs. No carbs before bed generally makes it harder to sleep.

Now, if you want to try the Warrior Diet, for faster weight loss, but a little more muscle loss, you eat only about 300 calories of fresh protein during and fruit/veggies during the day, and you eat a monster dinner of about 2,000 calories.

Either of these two diet approaches should help you reach your goal.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote