Originally Posted by Geelong26
I think I should be fine with the fitness test, I just want to get as strong as I can for the role and I because I have fallen in love with strength training especially deadlifting .
For anyone interested this is the fitness test
The following components make up the fitness test:
• Beep Test (5.01) - Download Beep Test (Right-Click, Save Target As)
• Illinois agility run (20 seconds)
• Grip test (30kg in each hand)
• Push ups (5 successive push ups on toes)
• Prone bridge (hold for 60 seconds)
• Obstacle Climb (1.3m)
• Swimming (100 metre swim under 4 minutes)
I'm a retired IL police officer, so I was just wondering..what is "Illinois agility run"? Also, in IL candidates your age have to benchpress 95% of their bodyweight. I would recommend getting as strong as possible. We had people "in house" to teach MMA tactics but remember when it comes down to it, it's just putting forth an ass whoppin' that wins. Every time you are involved in a physical confrontation there is at least one weapon involved(yours). Many officers are shot with their own weapon. Good luck.