Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likethebaldwin View Post
Hey guys.

My dead lifts need help badly. All advice is appreciated.

I made a video but I can't post url's yet. If you would go to the trouble of copy and pasting the text below into the search bar on youtube you can watch my video.

watch?v=yylcvFQPR6s

Thanks.

I am not a fan of touch and goes for a variety of reasons. With form checks especially, as most folks tend to lose form as they progress. That said, Weight looked too light, it is easy to maintain form if too light. You started with some form struggles, first, you should have smacked the girl texting as she walked across the platform as you are about to lift. Second you look a little tight in the posterior, some glute and ham work will help. Remember, you are standing up with the bar. Finally, it is okay to look at the bar while you set up. I felt like you were feeling around to find the bar and position for set up because you couldn't see anything. Wait, you were looking in a mirror weren't you? Still, set up is important, look at the bar and get set up.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Last edited by bamazav; 03-16-2014 at 06:52 AM.
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote