JumpmanRugs
Max Brawn
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor
Default I need people to tell me I'm being stupid

Okay.

So as many of you know I've always had eating disorders, so have to be careful with changes in my diet or it creeps back in.

Back in the day I was told I have mental health issues, but kind of 'fixed' myself in the sense I managed to take control. However, let me introduce you to my stupid mind.

For 3-4 months I have been deadlifting, squatting, benching, rowing, pulling myself up, dipping and OHPing. That's it. Nothing but compounds.

Now I have started to add in some 'hypertrophy' exercises as I would call them. Curls, higher rep OHP (Pyramind style), lat pulldowns for reps and such.

Now, in my mind I feel that doing some sort of isolation exercises shouldn't be allowed for basketball and it will not benefit me in any way and is just stupid.

I am still doing all of my compounds but just added in 1 or 2 more muscle targeted exercises (Not neccessarily isolation, but for hypertrophy) and i feel like I really shouldn't be doing them. I actually felt bad for doing them the other day.

Really?! What the heck is up with that? It played on my mind for a good few hours thinking, why did I do those curls? I enjoyed doing them, and felt stronger and was strict curling more weight than I ever have, but I felt bad for doing them.

I know it's stupid, but I kind of just wanted to explain to see if anybody has ever been like this? My mind is a funny place because of issues in the past, it takes me more effort to train my mind to do things than most. I'm very much an all or nothing sort of person.

I dunno, just waffling about a stupid freaking thing. I can't even explain it properly.

I'm a worrier, I overthink everything and ger stressed easier than I should. I'm a relaxed person though. Go figure! I'm working to change it. This is stupid, and I know it is. I just wanted to talk about it.

Last edited by JumpmanRugs; 03-15-2014 at 01:17 PM.
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links