JumpmanRugs
Max Brawn
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCStrong View Post
I am not an expert by any means but it seems that a more sensible approach would be to
1- define your target weight (goal setting)
2- define your maintenance calories based on that weight.
3- work your way down to that eating level over time. (gradual caloric reduction) by reducing your current intake over the course of a few days/ weeks. No drastic reductions.

4- Eat a variety of whole, healthy foods ( with some cheats tossed in) try to eat about 80% clean. Focus on protein and fat (as in eat some) and lots of veggies.

5- start a good strength building plan and toss in two or three cardio sessions per week. ( work stage)

6- Forget the concept of adding mass while cutting ( ain't happening) and think more toward body recomposition .

7-Building muscle and letting the body do what it does - i.e use fat for fuel when working in a deficit.

8 - Continue for at least a year and be happy with the results. ( they will come) ( reward stage)
As to convenience - I suggest cooking a lot of food one day a week and pre packing meals in small containers. Fruit and veggies are portable most times and freeze foods when you can.

Hope that helps. Good luck on reaching your goals.
Couldn't have said it better. THe same shit day in, day out may sound good but it really isn't. It's a great meal don't get me wrong, but every single day 4 times a day? Really?!

1. You'll get bored and not stick to it.
2. It isn't good as you will be missing nutrients
3. You're name is ChrisTheViking, that's pretty badass. I can picture you stood on the end of a boat with a horned helmet on screaming at the world lol (Not related to this, just wanted to say)
4. Mix it up! There are so many good and nutritous foods out there, you are really limiting yourself here.

Good luck man!
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote