JumpmanRugs
Max Brawn
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I feel motivated by making better choices. Everything in life comes down to choices for me. Do I squat when I am tired? Or do I take the day off? Do I exercise so I can reach my goals, or do I wait until tomorrow?

If I am feeling like crap do I watch a lifting video, read an article or other's training logs to fire me up, or do I play more video games and eat cookies?

Life is about choice for me. I have control. Do I embrace that or not?

I also need realistic goals. I don't go into the gym to be Jay Cutler. I go into the gym to be one rep better than last time. That is a goal I can conquer.

The act of watching a video, like the one in this thread, might temporarily motivate someone. But they still have to make better choices.
This is all sorts of win. And i 100% agree.

I used to watch basketball and lifting videos until I had to wear glasses from looking at a screen too much (Serious!) and then one day I woke up and realised I'd seen everything I could watch really and was waiting for new motivational videos. I used to watch mixes and highlights all the time when I was resting. Now? I don't do it very often, sometimes I do if I'm super tired, but I'm too busy being motivated by my goals, my life, my loved ones and that round orange sack of air in my bedroom and where it could take me. I play because I love it, not for the money. That motivates me. The love for the game, and my desire to provide for those I love because none of us have ever had the privilige.
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote