Davis
Max Brawn
Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 1 day
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast
Default Losing Weight and Maintaining Strength

As far as training and nutrition goes, what is the best way to lose some fat and keep my strength? I don't know how many calories I average, my BF%(and I don't care). I would estimate I eat ~4,000+ calories on my best eating days. I'm around 230 lbs and still pretty lean. I wouldn't mind getting between 215-220 over the next 6-8 weeks. That should allow for a decent drop in fat and water.

Why am I doing this? I'd like to lean out some before I jump to 240 from about June to October.

The simple plan: Eat between 3000-3200 calories a day. Still training 4 days a week. If at some point I'm not happy with how things are, I will add in some cardio.(Which will be needed given my further plans) Around 100-150g of carbs on training days. Most will be eaten afterwards. Between 50-100g of carbs on non training days. Beyond that, hit calories, lots of protein.

As for the training, I plan on working mostly between 70-85% on my primary movements. After the cut, I plan on still focusing on reps for quite some time until about 10 weeks from my current planned meet. At that point, I'll try the Lilliebridge training cycle to shoot for a 1500 lb raw, no wrap total in the 242 class.

That's the basics of my plans. So any pointers on the diet? I really know nothing about this other than eat less.
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links