View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
Was off for two weeks sick and I jumped back into my program as hard as I could (3 sets of 5 instead of 5 sets)..

Every muscle I worked has bad doms and I was curious if eating on a caloric deficit has any significant impact on doms?

Is there more lactic acid and swelling in connective tissue because I'm eating fewer calories than I'm used to? I understand that eating extra food helps with recovery and I was curious if eating less is making recovery more painful?

Or is it simply just being off 2 weeks and going back to my working weight?

Some people may not have seen the shoutbox in which you also stated that this "sick" period comprised of a fever for several days, sore throat and not finding it easy to drink fluids etc; that sort of information is important because it may just be that your body has not recovered from such an ill period...there's sick and there's sick, if you know what I mean, and the degree of sickness will dictate how well a person's body responds to a first session back in the gym and so forth.