View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Usually when people start bashing someone who doesn't deserve it, it is purely out of insecurity. Chalk it up to that and take it as a compliment!
Thanks Rick.

It really caught me off guard. I've emailed Vince several times, and tried to help him by interviewing him for MAB. I've read his e-book, and think it's pretty decent. It really caught me off guard.

I will admit some degree of personal insecurity. I can deal with constructive criticism, and know that MAB needs many things changed. But when a guy like Vince LOL's at my site...well...all respect is out the window for him as a human.

Quote:
LOL I'm guessing you're losing a lot of traffic
But here's the thing...many moderate to small bodybuilding sites are owned in secret by larger sites. Not mainstream ones like T-Nation, BB.com, etc.

An e-book pimp will own numerous sites, and will keep this fact hidden. They try to work the search engines and build link networks to raise the value of their e-books, e-book sites, whatever.

For example, say Joe Smith pimps an e-book. He may/will also own many sites that sound like "Joe's E-book, is it a Scam?" Not all of these sites are owned by Joe..many are also owned by people trying to profit from his e-book.

Search for an e-book title on the internet, and/or add "Scam" to the search, and you'll find numerous sites like this.

In any case, they know the game, and the game is this:

A) Links are king. They want high Google Page-Ranked sites to link heavily to them. And the more, the merrier.

B) Articles. E-bookers use articles and "reviews" for the sole purpose of leading you to their product. That's all that matters to them. It's 200% marketing driven. Articles are purposely written to lure you in.

Vince doesn't just want a link from MAB, or an interview. He wants me to turn MAB into a 100% e-book pimping site.

In the immortal words of wrestling's DX..."Vince, I've got 2 words for ya...SUCK IT."

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote