View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 02:39 PM   #24
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
The oldtime strongmen such as reg park and the big and bad paul anderson didnt have supplements and steroids. What they did have were their wits about themselves, motivation, milk, honey, weights, the heart to push that extra rep, and their proven routines that work. Im just writing this to go with some of the great rants about how the old routines still work. Any routine that worked 50 to 60 years ago when growth enhancement came from hardwork and puberty(no supplements or steroids) obviously are key when starting to put on mass. Im not saying supplements are bad some are great but these guys used nothing more than food and their motivation. Reg park is one of the best since I found this site i have been reading reg park articles left and right. If anyone looks at his physique and thinks I want to be that big let ME POP SOME PILLS AND SHOOT SOME JUICE thats not even close to the point of me taking the time to admire the oldtime greats. So basically to say today the same ethics stand hard work, determination, an adequate routine, and good food will prevail over any supplement. I know we all know the ones im talking about whos first question is not whats the best plan i should take its always (what supplement should i take to gain). Reg park should always be followed. The older routines that worked and still work today should always be kept around. Thats what i like about this site BTB understands the older routines still work mentality as i do. I am following reg park as we speak.
Hope this was useful to read. Its not for ppl such as gl,rick,btb you guys know this its just a good read for maybe a lifter whos only maybe worked out once and dying for gains.
Thanks,
Coop
Hope the readers enjoy reading this and its not boring/stupid
I don't know about all that they did not have steroids stuff , Steroids can be traced back to 1931.

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote