CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
This is one of the things that I think actually helped me quite a bit. I pretty much just had me and the weights. I had to piece together my own training split based on body feedback.

No one needed to tell me that the squat was king. I kind of figured that out because it kicked my a$$. And no one needed to tell me to add weight to the bar - I thought that was the point.

One thing I'm really thankful for is that I didn't have the burden of OCD macronutrient counting and the pressure to eat all clean, all day. I'm also glad no one told me to train for mind-muscle connection, or any other number of bull**** ways to train.

I can't stress this point enough...most routines on the net are not optimal for beginners. Most lifters didn't make most of their gains on the programs they now use. I don't say that to put anyone down...its simply a reality.

Programs get complicated when gains slow down.

Simple is always better, especially as a beginner.
great points BTB i see this thread is picking up some nice comments
CoopDawg is online now   Reply With Quote