Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
I noticed you mentioned the gym didn't have any music. That is flat out insanity. I'd hate to squat in that environment
It was like lifting in a morgue. Nobody grunted. Nobody farted. No one would look you in the eye... Oh well, I was grateful for the chance to get the lift in, even though it was a bit hurried and I had just stuffed myself with four New York Cheesecake Pancakes (really, it was the lightest thing on the IHOP menu). So it goes with vacation eating and workouts.

Tuesday, 9/8/09

Up to now I have performed and listed my 'A' Routine workouts. Here starts my 'B' Routine workouts.

Work sets listed

Chest/Biceps

Smith Flat BP (185x7/2/1)

Cybex Incline Press (130x5/1)

Cybex Fly (70x10) - Very easy set, but I rested too much between the Incline Press and this exercise. I had to wait for the machine, then an old buddy started talking to me.

dc pec stretch - 20# about 35 seconds.

EZ Bar Preacher Curl (65x6/2) - I start these from the contracted position, so a rep in "down-up."

Seated DB Curl (20x7/2/1) - Kept elbows in and back. Almost like a Gironda body drag curl.

Cable Curl (70x4/1/1) - Last couple of reps were real, genuine snot producers.

dc bicep stretch - about 60 seconds.

Notes: I like chest/bicep day. I knew I would. It is easy for me to see and feel the muscles work. Not like the mystery which is back day. I just don't feel the groove on some of the back exercises. I worked legs last Thursday. I felt a little sore on Friday. I was nearly incapacitated on Saturday and Sunday. The extreme DOMS is something I didn't experience when I was squatting three times a week. I'll give it a couple of more rotations. If things don't improve, I may have to introduce an intermediate leg workout.

Very tired. I need to make my football picks and get to bed.

big val
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote