Palmer
Brawn
Points: 1,415, Level: 21 Points: 1,415, Level: 21 Points: 1,415, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 4 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
Palmer is a consistent contributorPalmer is a consistent contributorPalmer is a consistent contributorPalmer is a consistent contributorPalmer is a consistent contributorPalmer is a consistent contributorPalmer is a consistent contributorPalmer is a consistent contributorPalmer is a consistent contributorPalmer is a consistent contributorPalmer is a consistent contributor

Just checking in everyone, I've been reading a lot about training with percentages. I've been doing 5 sets of 3 on the Squat and Deadlift, and 5 sets of 5 on the Bench and OHP.

I was wondering about ramping, as that seems to be the best difference as sets goes on of fatigue and what your CNS is capable of. I was wondering how you guys would ramp that, should I aim to hit my 3rm or 5rm by the 3rd, 4th, or 5th set.. If so I usually start with around 80% if doing 5 sets of 5 and try to hit my 5rm at my last set, and if successful, do I add 5lbs or 5lbs to my 5rm, or virtually no difference? Thanks for any input guys! Also, as of right now for my 5x3 sets i do 80%, 83%, 86%, 88% then 90% of 1rm.. or in other words 100% of my 3rm on the last set.