View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 08:20 PM   #10
dlocas
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Started in Jan. 2013
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Mac and cheese
dlocas is a lifting machinedlocas is a lifting machinedlocas is a lifting machinedlocas is a lifting machinedlocas is a lifting machinedlocas is a lifting machinedlocas is a lifting machinedlocas is a lifting machinedlocas is a lifting machinedlocas is a lifting machinedlocas is a lifting machine
Default Not yet benching 400... and still happy!

There is wishful thinking, and there's real life. It's been a year since I returned to the iron game. December 2012 -- I was 40, weighting 220 (6'1") and getting a little fatter every year. January 2013 -- Start lifting after some 12 years without touching a barbell. Whoa! those plates are HEAVY... Learning to deadlift propery; 135 lbs on the bar... doing rows with 75, then 85, then 95... Fast forward to February 2014 -- I start a session with some deadlift sets; 365 lbs on the bar... and wrap up the session with some Pendlay rows with two plates each side of the bar (same weight I can bench for 8 reps!) And I now tip the scales at 235 with a little less fat. So yes, I don't deadlift 600 yet nor bench 400, but I am happy with my progress; and all that eating macaroni and cheese! Yes, I am on CHEESE! And I am also a big Canadian lumberjack who drinks BEER!
dlocas is offline   Reply With Quote