Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
That's terrifying, to be honest. My caffeine pills have 200mg, and I've never needed more than 1.

For me, a big part of training is what I DON'T consume when it isn't needed. I don't have carbs when I don't need them, so that when I do need them (During and after training) my insulin sensitivity will be through the roof. I treat caffeine the same way. I need stimulants to get through my sessions, so I have hardly any caffeine at other times. This keeps my total dosage down but still gets me through my workout.

I've also found that as my sessions get longer, it makes a big difference to get carbs during training. I've been using granola bars and chocolate milk and it really helps on those last couple movements. I didn't need to think about this stuff when my sessions were 45 minutes, but now that I'm going back to 1-2 hour sessions it makes a huge difference.
Thats a good point.

Ive got 1000mg caffeine pills, and have felt like I would have a heart attack. Not to get off track but, use in moderation! You dont want your PWO to give you a headache.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote