View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:17 AM   #22
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Lane View Post
Well, I was expanding this to all facets of life...i.e. - go to any store when the computer/cash register system is down and try to buy something and see how well the clerk can:
1. calculate your total puchase
2. add sales tax
3. make change

If they're under 30, they most likely have NEVER practiced old school 'rithmatic.
Very true.

My wife and I have rules about going through drive-through windows. We always check the order and check the change. A good portion of the time (maybe 5-10%) we actually get back more money then we are owed. And a good portion of the time we are given back less then what we are owed.

But in either case, if you present this to the person in the window, they often look like their heads will explode as they perform mental math.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote