View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 01:06 PM   #11
Nephilim
New Brawn

Training Exp: 1 year in powerlifting
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift, Power Cleans
Fav Supp: Whole Eggs
Nephilim has made some quality postsNephilim has made some quality postsNephilim has made some quality postsNephilim has made some quality postsNephilim has made some quality postsNephilim has made some quality posts

Quote:
A lot of guys try to use gear way to early. If you dont have a good strength base than it really isnt worth trying. Take a guy like Ryano who said he can get up to 300lbs from a single ply shirt. That is true, but he is also a 500lb raw bencher without really training it. A guy with a 200lb raw bench will not get 300lb of carry over. Hope that makes sense.
Well I think that's where I didn't make the connection that is more of a technique thing with guys that are already incredibly strong rather than just magically adding poundage. I thought it might sound like a bit of a silly question, but i appreciate legit and patient explanations. Ryano makes a good point too about still being able to move heavy iron as you get older. I can certainly understand that aspect too and who wouldn't want to lift for as long as possible?
Nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links