Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
We have to lobby for you to put in a home gym.
The lobbying has been done, preliminary approval has been granted, and territory has been staked. Now, just to find the money.

I think I said earlier that I would take my gym bag with me on vacation "just in case there was a Gold's or something close by." Well, we pulled into the hotel Friday night, and what to my surprize, but there was a YMCA right across the lot. How fortunate. I went there Sunday evening after a very long day at the mall and a "light" dinner at IHOP.

Sunday, 9/6/09

Back Attack
Work sets listed

Pendlay Rows (145x7/1) - I have a feeling that deadlifts and rows are frowned upon at this gym. My first clue? No space set aside for it. My second clue? Big sign on the wall: NO CHALK ALLOWED. I did the rows as quietly as I could, swallowed my pride and moved on.

Unilateral Cable Row L: (120x10) R: (120X10) - Too light. Need to move up.

High Row (150x10) - Time to look for an alternate on this one. I pinned the stack

Cable Pullovers (120x7) - My target weight was 90, but I ripped off 10 easy reps, so I put on more weight. Going to need to find an alternative soon here too.

Reverse Incline Fly (20x3/1) - Not sure about this exercise at all. I think I have some mobility issues. Maybe I'm just weak. My target was 12 puonders, but I ripped off 10 reps easily enough to warrant more weight, but I don't know. I'm just not feeling the groove.

dc hanging back stretch - about 30 sedonds

My visit to the gym was an interesting experience. I'm glad I could get a workout in for free. They had a fairly nice facility. Some machines I hadn't seen before (Squat Machine - which I tried out of curiosity), and a Smith Machine similar in design to the one my YMCA is getting. What I didn't like was the sterile environment. Nobody talked to anybody (could be a good thing, but makes it difficult to ask for a spot), and no music. I've grown accustomed to metal blaring when I lift.

After I got back to the hotel, I went into the fitness center and experimented with crossover rows. Me likey! I think I'll be subbing them in soon.
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote