SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTheViking View Post
6' 0", 29, 280 lbs. I am trying to lose weight while making sure I have enough food to gain a little mass in the process. I have lost some weight but with school and work coming up I need something I can make a lot of at once and have them ready when needed. I can't just let this 6 Pack Bag go to waste lol.
I am not an expert by any means but it seems that a more sensible approach would be to
1- define your target weight (goal setting)
2- define your maintenance calories based on that weight.
3- work your way down to that eating level over time. (gradual caloric reduction) by reducing your current intake over the course of a few days/ weeks. No drastic reductions.

4- Eat a variety of whole, healthy foods ( with some cheats tossed in) try to eat about 80% clean. Focus on protein and fat (as in eat some) and lots of veggies.

5- start a good strength building plan and toss in two or three cardio sessions per week. ( work stage)

6- Forget the concept of adding mass while cutting ( ain't happening) and think more toward body recomposition .

7-Building muscle and letting the body do what it does - i.e use fat for fuel when working in a deficit.

8 - Continue for at least a year and be happy with the results. ( they will come) ( reward stage)
As to convenience - I suggest cooking a lot of food one day a week and pre packing meals in small containers. Fruit and veggies are portable most times and freeze foods when you can.

Hope that helps. Good luck on reaching your goals.