View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #16
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I like this plan, and it can work, but you have to hit it the right way.
Gymnast, for the most part don't bench. but they do work there upper bodies a lot with dipping type moves, pressing type moves, and flye type moves.

Preses to the front
Side, and rear laterals
Flyes
CGBP
Dips
Medium grip chins
Bent rows
hanging pikes

Make delt training the number one priority, and do all your chest training after you have trained delts. Think in terms of how a gymnast trains.

Go heavy on your abs as well.

Check out Yuri Van Gelder. Dutch gymanst who specializes in rings.

great plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
he is keeping CGBP.... depending on how close it is, it should help his bench to continue progressing.... SO, i would do it at the knurling
that's what i'm going to do, not too close but i guess shoulder width which is this knurling i think.

on another note, should I do BTN push presses first in the routine then dips or dips first? GL was saying i should do push presses first which i've never done but I may just do that

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote