View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 05:00 AM   #40
Dray
physical culturalist
Max Brawn

Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: all of them
Fav Supp: WPC; nothing else
Dray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveone View Post
I think SOME sort of a minimum to work towards before doing a meet would give me (and others) confidence that I could go out and enjoy the meet without posting embarrassingly low numbers.
I agree.

But in saying that, all I am agreeing with is that it's a state of mind kinda thing. IF you believe that to be so, it is so. If you don't, it isn't.

I happen to concur, but a lot of guys on here (some of them powerlifters, even!) will tell you that it doesn't matter at all - just do it. And IF someone is inclined to agree with that, it becomes true - it doesn't matter at all.

hth.

(edit: If I ever compete, I won't bother until I'm confident of totalling at least 1200+. That's just me though.)

My training log
Dray is online now   Reply With Quote