Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
My overall program remains pretty consistant as far as which moves I'm doing. Sets and reps change from time to time, as well as which moves get done in which order.

Progression is king is what I work by. I'm always looking to add weight to the bar. I'm never really bored with any of the movements that I do. Rather I may need a break from doing something due to accumulated fatique.

I'm in that phase right now with what I'm doing, and so I've deloaded to make a new run at higher weights. The one big change I put in was to really get old school with my squats , and get down deep in the hole. On the bottom!

Something that I've noticed over the last several months, as I've really dug into old school training. You don't need a lot of moves to build a great physique. Some of the really great bodies of the past built their bodies with very basic programs, but pushed hard on those few moves that they did.

Today, people get way to hung up on doing far to many isolation moves. They think a well equipped gym has to have tons of special machines. You really don't need all that much in terms of equipment. Just some basic stuff is all you need. however, you must work hard with what you have.

Keep it simple, get in and get out.
Have a goal, and work towards that end.
Push for progression each week.
Eat, sleep, and have a life outside the gym.
Agreed
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote