Thread: Deadlift help
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #19
JesseA
Über Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,369, Level: 36 Points: 3,369, Level: 36 Points: 3,369, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

JesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Switched to sumo and it seems to have helped a LOT. I just couldn't get comfortable in a regular stance. If I pushed right back on my heels, my shins felt VERY tight. Tried a semi sumo stance and it felt GREAT. Would welcome any feedback: YouTube - Mental Face Sumo Deadlifts

YouTube - Sumo Deadlift 80kg

LtL
What position were your feet in during conventional deadlift? Straight ahead or pointed out? you may have ankle mobility issues if you're feeling tightness in your shins. Do you have any tightness/pain when squatting?

You need to get your shoulders further over the bar, think of pulling in a straight line (up). If you watch the video from the side, your are pulling the bar up and back like this: / instead of this: | (look at your arms at 0:09)

Also, you don't need to exaggerate the lockout, it looks like you're leaning back a little too far at lockout.
JesseA is offline   Reply With Quote