Thread: Deadlift help
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #17
BenReilly
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,275, Level: 28 Points: 2,275, Level: 28 Points: 2,275, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

BenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocColossus View Post
First and foremost you're bending your elbows at the beginning, during and at the end of the lockout, that's no good. Keep a firm grip (I prefer mixed grip but to each their own) and straighten those arms out brutha!!

Drop that *ss down too, lower those hips, drive from those heels, seemed to have the weight a bit on your toes at times... need to keep it on the heels, toes only bring back ache!!

Keep your head facing up too, chest high, and dig downward, rather than thinking of it as picking weight upward.

That's me... next?.

NOW THAT I COMMENTED HERE you must read the CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH THREAD and give your thoughts on what would happen in that room!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
I would've posted about the bent arms, but it was already mentioned.

Keep your shoulders behind the bar when you initiate the deadlift. Your body is too far forward, in front of the bar.

Also, don't put the bar against your shins before you grab it. It's better to align the bar over the middle of your foot. Doing that will provide more room for the knees/legs to bend and straighten, but only just enough so that you don't lose precious leverage.
they pretty much covered it

what do your warmup sets look like?
BenReilly is offline   Reply With Quote