BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

I'm not going to bite into this too much. This is a complex discussion IMO and I'm afraid it will get turned into a black and white issue, which I feel it is not.
However I will say I think it's funny that the guy uses a video of an Ed Coan 975lb raw squat to help illustrate his point. It makes no sense to use this video for other than shock value for the following reasons:
1.) the article seems to be written towards the average gym goer, not the elite level powerlifter with a 900lb+ raw squat. I gurantee 98% of the people reading that article, let alone squating in the gym never even piss at a 975lbs squats general direction (probably not many over 400lbs in all reality)
2.) The article specifically is addressing back injuries, yet in that video, Ed Coan is not injuring his back, rather his knee.
3.) This article is not worthy of Ed Coan.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote