Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #1192
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHDL View Post
A
Squat
Bench
BB Row
Shrugs
Tris
Bi's

B
Front squat
Press
Dead
Chins
Dips
Abs

Im thinking of alternating these two ABA BAB or perhaps keeping it ABA since deadlifting twice a week could be quite hard to recover from. Im really not sure on the rep ranges, i was thinking ramping 5x5 for the first 3 on each day and 3x8 on the rest. But unsure if thats enough volume.
You don't need a lot orf reps for deads as long as you are hammering your back strength. For squats, bench and press I would consider a 5, 8, 10 scheme (or a 5, 8, 10, 12). Work up to your heavy 5, drop weight slightly, go for 8, drop weight slightly, go for 10, drop weight slightly, go for 12. Make each set AMAP (as many reps as possible), and add weight when you reach your goals for that set.

I like ABA with squats on A days, like:

A - Squats
B - Deads
A - Front Squats

You can finished after deads with 2 sets of power shrugs.

A
Squat
Bench
BB Row
Tris
Bi's or Leg Curl - Alternate
Calves or Abs - Alternate

B
Deadlifts + Power Shrugs
Press
Pull ups or inverted rows
Bi's or Leg Curl - Alternate