Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Lately I've been looking into guns. I'm planning to buy and carry a handgun after I get my tax refund. While I was researching, a light bulb came on over my head. There are so many guns designed specifically for carrying, and tons of companies that design holsters just for concealing weapons. That means that every day while I walk around I'm passing tons of people who are armed.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, to be honest. I've had a little tactical training. I also know that getting a little training in something usually means someone knows just enough to get them in trouble, and in a situation that involves guns, if you get in trouble, EVERYONE is in trouble.

But most people who carry guns have plenty of training in gun operation. Unfortunately, operating a gun isn't the most important aspect of carrying a gun. Knowing how to change a mag or correctly clear a weapon doesn't mean you're going to have the situational awareness to know that the .45 ACP rounds coming out of your 1911 might go right through that bad guy and into the little girl 20ft behind him. Even little things like looking around corners can make all the difference in a tactical situation (For the record, if you need to look around a corner and you think there might be a bad guy, get down on the ground and poke your head around really low. If someone is waiting to shoot you they'll be looking/aiming at normal head level, and they won't be able to react quickly enough).

I feel that I would be more prepared than most if something did happen, which is actually a scary thought because like I said, I know just enough to get me in trouble.

But I want to be prepared. If something happens, I want to be the one reacting instead of relying on someone else to react.

My wife also wants to carry. My god, we're all in trouble.

Last edited by Soldier; 12-12-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote