BobbyMac
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,473, Level: 21 Points: 1,473, Level: 21 Points: 1,473, Level: 21
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: about 3y (total combined)
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench
Fav Supp: goat milk
BobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
the closer to full body the better for me. 3 days also seems to be optimal. the older you get the more recovery you will need, but you do have to keep the frequency sufficient to allow you to stay in the groove and maintain your strength progression.

don't worry. as soon as you figure it out, it changes!
Yeah, I feel like I'd be able to handle this workout in my early or even mid 20s, but that was 10 years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
If full body's feel better go back for sure. No sense training with something you feel isn't the best for you.
You're absolutely right. I think what I'll do is use these next 3 weeks to slowly reduce my reps from 12 to 5 and increase my weight while sticking to the same program. I'm going to have to deload/finagle my workouts after that since I'm going out of town for the holidays. Then I'll start up with a 5x5 program in 2014.

Until then though, I'll need to be pushing some heavy-a** weight.

I felt really strong today. I don't know if it was the deload week, longer rest intervals between sets or the gangsta rap playing at the gym (it gets me hype), but I felt great today.

Here's what my lifts looked like:

Bench: 3x12, 1x10 (87.5kg)
Incline DB Press: 4x12 (32kg DBs)
Close-grip Bench: 4x8 (70kg)
Dips: 4xMax (bodyweight) - 9,9,10,8

Looking forward to leg day tomorrow.
BobbyMac is offline   Reply With Quote