AdamNC
Brawn
Points: 1,589, Level: 22 Points: 1,589, Level: 22 Points: 1,589, Level: 22
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: On and off since H/S
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
AdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohiz View Post
Back To Basics Part 2 Nutrition & Diet - YouTube

Jason Blaha suggests 1 g of protein per pound of (lean) bodyweight, .5 g of fat and the rest carbs. I follow that and it's pretty much good. Increase your diet 200 kcal at a time until you gain about a pound a week. When you stop gaining, increase 200 kcal more and so on.

Weigh yourself every morning on an empty stomach and log it into Excel or some other chart. Then you can see the trend line of your weight change. It's much more accurate than to just look at the numbers, because they fluctuate.

For workout may I suggest his 5x5 novice wkt. It served me well.
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...novice-workout

With regard to the fat gain, for me I just stopped caring about it and let my waist increase and I still look better than when I started, because I've put on so much muscle. I think the reason is that since my chest and all that good stuff is bigger, my belly doesn't "pot" out anymore, but it's kind of even.

Fat is nothing to be scared of, it's easier to lose than muscle is to gain (or lose). Just trust me on this, I lost 45 kg of fat recently. Your muscles will remain on you perpetually, but think of fat as just a storage - like the gas tank of a car. It is transient.
Thanks for the tips, I checked out Jason Blahas video and calculated my macros based on his formula. It ended up being more carb dominate, which is good for me because I LOVE carbs, and they are much easier for to force down if it comes to that. I just can't eat a ton of chicken, or any meat for that matter in one sitting. In reference to the pot belly, if I could bring my chest up, like you were able to, it wouldn't be an issue.
AdamNC is offline   Reply With Quote