AdamNC
Brawn
Points: 1,589, Level: 22 Points: 1,589, Level: 22 Points: 1,589, Level: 22
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: On and off since H/S
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
AdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributor
Default Skinny and Confused: Need Help

So here's the deal, Im 29, 5'7 125lbs, so obviously I need to gain some weight. I'm trying to make a real concerted effort to get my diet and training in line, along with consistency, so I calculated my BMR and Activity Level by the Harris-Benedict Formula. I came away with a BMR of 1498 calories. Adding the activity component resulted in a overall total of 2322 calories for maintenance. I added 500 calories to that for a total of 2822 calories. This seems relatively doable even with my small appetite.

My main question is, how should I partition the ratio of macros? I've never tried being this specific before. Anytime I've ever tried to eat more than normal I only seem to gain weight around my midsection and no where else, then I panic and stop. Y'all please don't think I'm one of those skinny guys who gained some weight and got scared cause I couldn't see my abs. I've always had a little pot belly, but now is pronounced enough to be seen through a shirt, especially in contrast to my chest that's as flat as Kansas. I eat pretty clean normally. (I bake everyting, eat alot of brown rice, potatos and vegis) Am I overreacting about the stomach? I don't know where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.
AdamNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links