Thread: Sumo deadlifts?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
i avoid these too cause they are uncomfortable for my knees. but i do try to get my legs close to a sumo style to do some leg press's.
Knees? It was more uncomfortable on my hips, I thought. Leg press is different, I like to go wide with those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseA View Post
You just need to find what works for you. I switched to sumo a couple years ago because I was able to move more weight (shorter ROM? More hip drive? I dunno). Although, I will probably switch back to conventional soon just to mix it up a bit.

I'm not sure if it's better or worse on the knees in a sumo stance or conventional.
I believe you can lift more weight with sumo (once you get the movement down) but it just feels odd for me, I guess.

I guess my main question would be, are they needed? I see a lot of powerlifters using sumo, and not as much conventionals.
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote