Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

At what point does stressing about things become counterproductive? I know that studies show that a fat-based, carb free breakfast helps prime the body to burn more fat during the day, and I know that routine fasting has positive health effects, especially on the metabolism. I also know that avoiding high GI carbs most of the time helps to increase insulin sensativity, but at what point do you just say "OK, I've got enough on my list of things to worry about, I'm not going to worry about X and Y."

Case in point, I read about a study that showed that hot showers reduce testosterone levels. I've also heard that hot water increases inflamation, which sounds bad, but then I read that inflamation is good as long as it isn't acute. Anyways, I find hot showers relaxing. Extremely relaxing. And they help me sleep. And being relaxed, avoiding stress and getting good sleep are all supposed to be good for your hormonal profile. So should I take hot showers or not? I think this one goes over the line and gets filed in the "screw it, I'm not going to worry about it" file.

All I can say is this; if you find yourself stressing about your beloved hot showers and how they might affect your free test levels, you probably need someone to slap you in the face and tell you to settle the hell down. You also need to go do some squats, because while you were contemplating the latest controversial studies your friends were all lifting, eating, and getting stronger than you.