Old 03-27-2010, 08:08 AM   #3
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Check the library or Barnes & Nobel for the Power Factor Training book by Pete Sisco and John Little. If your library doesn't have it, see if they can get it on inter-library loan. I've read the PFT book acouple of times, and practiced it during my early months of training. I liked it. It seemed practical. And frankly, I don't know why I ever wandered away. Except for the fact that you have to stake out a hand full of stations at the gym and hope that no one changes your weights while you're doing something else. It's a meat grinder. It's brutal. It's also family and "real life" friendly. Interestingly, even BEFORE I picked up the PFT book, I was training instinctively in a similar fashion.

Here's a naysaying article: Power Factor Training

Here's a link to some interesting discussion about the article: (please don't ban me for linking here-I NEVER visit the site)
George Chen - Does Power Factor Training Work? - Bodybuilding.com Forums

I'm not a lover nor a hater. I think the book is worth a read. I think the methodology COULD be incorporated into a 5/3/1 assistance format.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote