Old 11-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #7
afraziaaaa
Max Brawn
Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Whey Protein
afraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton View Post
Yeah I can see how my elbows are pushing me too far forward, will work on keeping them down. After watching this video on grip I was trying a different method but I ended up making things worse I guess.http://youtu.be/g2tyOLvArw0
I will make another video in a few days with the tips you guys suggested and see how it looks, thanks.
I am not a fan of the Rippetoe squatting technique. He is an accomplished strength coach and I am not, but I have found that his method of gripping the bar is not only not optimal for me, but is actually detrimental to my health. Too much stress on the biceps, shoulders and elbows. I was battling constant pain in my brachialis tendons and elbows due to the pressure caused by bearing a lot of the load on my back with my arms.

I eventually changed to resting the bar on my scapula with a mid-bar position. I bear very little to none of the load with my arms while squatting now and my overuse injuries are healed and I am pain free.

Check this video by Paul Carter for the best (in my opinion) grip method. Fixing your low bar squat - YouTube
afraziaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote