Old 11-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #5
afraziaaaa
Max Brawn
Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Whey Protein
afraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton View Post
I was hoping to get some input on my form for squats and deadlift. I've been weightlifting about 3 years but it's only been the last year I have got interested in powerlifting. It's been difficult because I don't know anyone who squats or deadlifts so I have had to teach myself and made plenty of mistakes along the way. I had my deadlift up to about 280 but backed down to around 220 since I was rounding too much. I only recently got my squat up to 200, I feel the first rep was decent but I almost didn't finish the second and sort of good morning it up. I am 6-3 and find squating a bit of a challenge so I have tried both high and low bar and find low bar feels best for squating. http://youtu.be/eNP0RRyv_Io
http://youtu.be/T5O-caG7EvM
Squat:
1. Your center of gravity is too far forward. For now, think about starting your squat at the hips first and letting your knees bend naturally instead of starting your squat with a knee bend. This will help you sit back and then down into your squat and keep your weight shifted toward the back of your foot.
2. You've got some craziness going on with your arms/elbows. What's up with that? Build your shelf by getting a tight upper back and keeping it that way. Don't use your arms as the main part of your shelf, it will just pull you out of position like it did on the second rep.
3. I'm also going to venture a guess that you aren't wide enough with your stance. It is hard to tell from the side, but judging from your excessive forward knee travel, it is probable that your knee and ankle joints are not aligned straight up and down (when looking from the front). This sort of alignment is ideal for most squatters.

Deadlift:
Looked pretty good from the side. Personally, I'd like to a see a closer view from the front to look at your joint positioning.
afraziaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote