Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Great pressing.
Thanks Big Bench Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
Nice work mate.
I'm tempted to put Pendlay rows into my routine as an alt to bent rows, although they tend to be done mainly low reps, 8-10 wouldn't make much difference would it?
thanks Monk! I think Pendlay's make an ideal accessory lift to deadlifts, especially if sticking point is off the floor. They have taught me how to build up alot of thrust from a dead stop, as pendlays are supposed to have some explosiveness. I really like doing the 8-10 rep sets and think it helps alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrisulfr View Post
Wow squat man. I find that your strong ass row and all your lifts coming up is no coincidence. Glad I have got a solid progression for rows now.

And for today. Quite ambitious this challenge is. I did a 135x50 before and it was real tough. I'm rooting for you. And , if you fail I get 10 points! But I don't want them.
Thanks Chris!! I remember Steve once said that the row is really the cornerstone or foundation to building up big numbers on the big 3 lifts, especially deadlifts. I never really used to like rows until my deadlift started making headway.

Will be starting the challenge shortly. I know for sure I will have it in 2 sets, and if I make it to 40 reps I should be able to gut out the next 10 somehow. It all depends how light the 210 feels right off the bat.
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 515 lbs
Total: 1305 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is online now   Reply With Quote