View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #14
SaxonViolence
Brawn
Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor
Cool

A lot of good thoughts here.

My main thoughts were:

A.} In view of the fact that my own early training was highly Frustrating, why did I never at least try the "Super Volume and Intensity" approach?

And,

B.} Just exactly how is such a Training Programmed?

I doubt that even the most fiendish "Over Trainer" just goes into the gym and trains randomly like someone trying to kill a snake in high weeds with naught but a long Willow Switch.

And y'all answered that fairly well—just sayin'...

A few Bodybuilders are what they call "Instinctive Trainers"—never having a set schedule and just selecting weights, exercises, sets and reps as the spirit moves them.

I never heard of very many Strength athletes doing this.

An article that I read many years ago that contained an interview with Vasily Alekseyev seemed to suggest that he trained that way.

Reading some of Paul Anderson's stuff leaves me uncertain.

Ken Waller was the only top Bodybuilder that I know of who used that system.

Supposedly the Barbarian Brothers not only trained Instinctively while in the gym, but also decided when to go and how long to stay based on Whimsy.

They said they might take a long brutal workout for 4 hours one day and come back for four short workouts the next.

They said that they would sometimes come in and just do one exercise and leave.

They also had an E-Z Curl bar, looked like about 120 Pounds of plates showing—in the photo—and a few Spring gadgets at home that they used to pump their arms occasionally as the spirit moved them.

Of course they didn't have jobs and apparently drove around at random getting into scofflaws in between gym visits all day long.

We should all be so blessed...

Personally, I did try "Instinctive Training" once. I like routine and resist change. I soon settled into "Squats first, Bench Press, Press B/N, Curls...etc."

The only difference was I wasn't writing everything down.

Writing stuff down is a good thing.

Saxon Violence
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote