View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
jiorio95
Max Brawn
Points: 6,215, Level: 51 Points: 6,215, Level: 51 Points: 6,215, Level: 51
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Fav Exercise: Squat
jiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStrongmanben View Post
My only thought is the jumps between weeks seem a little large. I would start lower and build from there going up 2.5-5% per week.

Secondly the Cube does a pretty good job of waving intensity an volume without having to develop your own system

Are you looking to compete or simply gain size?

And lastly I always like to err on the side of light when developing percentage based programs. What I mean is like Wendler and others propose start at 90% of your max and make that your training max that you base your percentage on. You an always go up and if you're not interested in training to failure never stall throughout the program.

I'm making a lot of assumptions since the only goal I know of yours is body weight based. So take this with a grain of salt
Thanks for taking a look at this, it's appreciated.

I will have to check out The Cube method, I'm not familiar with it.

I am looking to gain size, but I do compete for fun.

Your point about % at 1RM is spot on. I didn't clarify that I was borrowing from Wendler's 95% of your actual 1RM as a working max.

You gave me some great ideas to think about.
jiorio95 is offline   Reply With Quote