13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeheep View Post
I am FAR from experienced, but my last meet, my gym dead PR was 325, so I opened with 305, which I could EASILY do a double with the week before the meet.

Squat gym PR was 295, opened with 275, again, I EASILY did a dbl the week before.

Cant remember the Bench numbers!
Dude your walls are lined with gold medals!!

Percentage wise we are pretty comparable on deadlift openers. You are a bit more confident than I on squatz. I want to be ultra conservative on my opener as it is my first ever platform lift and really don't want to bomb it! My bench opener would be about 90% of gym paused PR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Could you pull 405 if you were half dead? I'd wait to decide until you do your mock meet ramping up to your planned openers, usually 1 week before the meet. If it feels good to go then and you have zero doubt, then go for it. The thing is with deads is you never know how beat up you will be after squats and bench.
I think you're right Jim. I should have a better idea after my mock meet on Sunday.

Is it best to take the entire week off for rest, or go in a couple of days early in the week and do light/bloodflow type "work"? I know I'm makinig this more complicated than it needs to be lol.
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote