Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #1028
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDawg75 View Post
Hey, Steve. I need to start adding some sort of conditioning work, and I would like your recommendation on how to do this without causing any loss in my strength. I will try to give you any relevant info you may need.
Sounds good.

Quote:
Anyway, what do you recommend? How long? On lifting days or not? 2, 3, 5 days a week? I know this should be a simple "just do it" kind of task, but I really do need some sort of guidance here.
I would suggest taking a whey shake after lifting and doing cardio then if you can. You're going to hydrate after training so you might as well get some quick protein in.

I think in your case cardio after lifting will help you maximize recovery.

3x a week is plenty for 20-30 minutes it steady state, or 10 to 20 minutes if HITT.

I recommend loaded HIIT cardio if possible. Sled dragging, tire flipping, farmer's walks, kettlebell swings.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote