mohiz
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,621, Level: 23 Points: 1,621, Level: 23 Points: 1,621, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1 yrs
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: creatine, beta-alanine
mohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributor

When I was talking about form breaking down on the main lifts, I was talking mainly about the guys always squatting 125 lbs, always insisting on going ATG, form looking great but they never increase the weight. It boggles my mind why. Of course good form means better leverages, and I always strive to improve my squat every single session. I think of new cues I could think about to improve my positioning. But if you never break down at all, then you're not really trying in my opinion. Also if you never miss a lift, same thing.

Then there are some people that insist on the bar speed always being fast. I get that you may want explosiveness etc. but you can't progress very far if you only go up to the weight you can still do explosively. Note, I'm still pretty inexperienced so I don't want to offend anyone in case I'm wrong about this.

On isolation movements such as the barbell curl I simply can't progress without cheating. Even if I only add 1.25 kg on the bar each time, it's such a big percentage of the weight that I'm using for curls that the increase is too much for my biceps to handle. When I add some speed to my curls I can use a little heavier weight and progress using the 1.25 kg increases no problem. Think of it like the push press - isn't that basically a cheating version of the normal overhead press?

***Current goals***
- Get to <10% BF

Last edited by mohiz; 11-05-2013 at 08:03 AM.
mohiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links