Team Koolaid Man
Max Brawn
Points: 3,495, Level: 36 Points: 3,495, Level: 36 Points: 3,495, Level: 36
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: since 5/15/13
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: buffet plate carry
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
TDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machine

Hey, Steve. I need to start adding some sort of conditioning work, and I would like your recommendation on how to do this without causing any loss in my strength. I will try to give you any relevant info you may need.

When I was young and tried lifting, the cardio I was required to do back then (military/sports) stopped me from making any progress. I am much smarter now and make sure I eat and rest properly for the exercise that I am trying to accomplish. This may be why I am able to make gains now when I couldn't previously.

I eat between 4000-6000 calories a day. On my three heavy days of the week, I eat pretty close to 6000 calories. On the other 4 days it is closer to the 4000 calorie side. I also try to get 8-9 hours of sleep a night. I hit that number probably 5 out of 7 days, but I rarely sleep less than 7 hours.

So I should be eating/sleeping enough to add in some conditioning work without causing any serious problems. I am not necessarily interested in losing weight just yet (the records I am after are in the SHW division). once I have made my run at these records I will start concentrating on trying to get to a healthier weight. I mainly need some extra conditioning for recovery when lifting heavy.

Anyway, what do you recommend? How long? On lifting days or not? 2, 3, 5 days a week? I know this should be a simple "just do it" kind of task, but I really do need some sort of guidance here. Thanks!

P.S.- if it matters, my first competition isn't until March.

Gym pr's- bench 330, DL 405, squat 450
Meet pr's- bench 350, dl 425, squat tbd
My new training log- http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17510
TDawg75 is offline   Reply With Quote