View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
I don't want to quit by any means, I'm just suffering from allot of de- motivation.
Demotivation can be caused by a number of things:
  • Stress.
  • Expectation and resultant disappointment, if things aren't going how someone expects them to.
  • Tiredness, exhaustion, fatigue (each being slightly different).
  • Life, in general (other things on a person's plate that just add to the stress load).
  • Any number of other things or a combo of any of the above.

With motivation (and demotivation, since they go hand in hand), it's a case of getting to the root cause and re-establishing the reason for the motivation, which strangely may not end up being the same motivator as a person had previously. There are many that find they've lost their motivation because the workouts they're doing no longer coincide with their goals, their goals have changed from say BB-ing to PL-ing etc.

Oddly, you may find that your motivation may stick if you decide to get in to a show/comp, fitness model etc, because the workouts will be propelling you toward an end result that is required for a competition and so forth; it's worth thinking about.

I'm content to workout for health and fun (progress as well because that's just the by-product anyway), some people need more of a set goal which helps motivate them.