Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #984
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFriedMuscle View Post
BBOD, I have become a big fan after checking out your youtube channel
Thanks CFM,

Quote:
and wanted to get your advice on something.
Glad to help.

Quote:
I convinced my training partner to try the cube method with me, with some mediocre results on his end. He has typically relied on higher frequency and volume routines (specifically sheiko) or a conjugate method variation. I promised him I would give one of these methods the ole college try since he was nice enough to try my way. BUT! I have never used either and can't decide which poison to pick. For the raw lifter, do you think one method is substantially superior to the other?
Good question.

Sheiko is brutal, and I don't personally recommend doing it unless you are at a period of your life where you are able to rest and eat liberally. I have a formula when it comes to volume work...more volume, more food and rest.

Regarding the conjugate, it can be performed wrong. I recommend for intermediates that you approach it in a simple manner. Do your speed and max effort work, but structure your assistance work to do one thing...make every body part from head to toe as strong as possible. Heavy rows, overhead presses, the entire kitchen sink.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote