Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #963
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasa View Post
The thing is, I'd like to ask if using knee wraps on all work sets (75-80%+ of 1RM) doesn't diminish strength gains (my warmups are all raw / with belt). It's just that I feel much more confident with knee wraps on when squatting + ofc I can squat heavier weight.

So basically the question is: Does squatting with knee wraps on 80%+ 1RM work sets diminish strength / muscle gains or is it even better than squatting raw (more weight squatted -> more muscle / strength gain) ?
Hi Jasa,

No, they do not diminish gains. I believe they increase productivity. I pick up far fewer strains with them, so I can train better week in and weak out.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote