Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Yay! I'm famous!

Kuytrider, there are exceptions to every rule, and it's awesome that you found a way to get your work in even with your spine issues. Like I wrote, it's not about being hardcore or hating on new things. I've made lots of use of machines to try and work around my rotator cuff problems. The real issue with the smith machine is that people are using it to avoid doing things that are "hard", like real squats and OHP's. In doing so, they are forming bad habits, missing out on lots of gains, and possibly injuring themselves in the process. Not good stuff.
Oh I agree with you there. I see lots of guys using the Smith for all possible compound exercises and as Steve said before (I'm paraphrasing) 'Avoid the challenging exercises and you'll have a body that looks like it hasn't been challenged'.

Machines are great to get in training when you're injured in some way or if you just want a less taxing session. You can even perform very intense training on machines but ultimately, the barbell and dumbbells are more effective and efficient IMO.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote